(Simplify entry of date fields on your web-pages)
Why Universal Calendar control-
Check it out for yourself.
Universal Calendar control is shareware. You are welcome to download and try it for free.
However, if you find it good enough to use it for any purpose -personal, commercial or
non-commercial, a nominal contribution of US$ 12.00 is expected.
- Widest browser support -works on IE4+ and NS4+.
- Speed and small footprint:
- The total uncompressed script size is under 10K.
- Response to year/month changes is lightening fast.
- Flicker free refresh.
- Optimized User Interface:
- The calendar has been optimized for ease of date entry.
- Directly pick year from drop down, or use up/down step.
- Choose month from a drop down, or directly pick from the month bar.
- One click return to the opening year-month.
- Flexible usage:
- Directly bind to a text field (simplicity), or
- Have more control by passing a call back function (power). The callback
function gives you control at the end of selection allowing you total
control on the changes - ideal place to put your application validations.
Use provided utility functions to parse and format date strings.
- Fully customizable look and feel using stylesheets.
- Non-interfering programming interface. It will not override your document event
- Wide date format support:
- Supports almost all date formats (See Examples).
- Error tolerant date parsing algorithm.
- Callback mechanism enables further programmatic control, though you will never
- Examples of supported date formats:
- 20 March 2002
- 20 Mar 2002
- Mar 20 2002
In exchange for your contribution, I would entertain support requests from you.
Download Universal Calendar
Email bug report or other communication to
Pay using PayPal. Payment Instructions.
Updated: December 2002.
Other Utilities from the same author.
There are several similar date controls available on the Internet for free. So why am I
writing a new one and why am I charging for it?
When I needed a date control for my project, I kept deferring the calendar issue knowing
I can get one from the Internet anytime. However, when I actually started looking for one, I
found all the good points I needed, but not in the same control. The biggest problems
were lack of full browser support, irritating flickering and sluggish response. That is
the reason Universal Calendar was born - flicker free, fast and universal.
Actually, when I started I was not sure if I could get all these goodies to fit in the
same script - but it is amazing what you can achieve, when you make it your design goal.
If the issues that led to the creation of Universal Calendar are important to you, then
12 dollars is a small amount. Otherwise, there are so many free ones available.
Search for similar or other scripts-